Discussing value issues before you meet, helps to determine how compatible you are with another. Studies show that higher compatibility leads to happier relationships….especially if you are thinking long term. It is easier to determine compatibility on many of the long term values before you become emotionally and physically involved. After one’s hormones kick in, rational tends to get left in the dust.
Here are another five issues to discuss before meeting!
6) What physical limitations does the other have? How well do you do with caring for someone when they are sick? Do you mind changing plans and staying home when the other is not feeling well?
7) How do you feel about monogamy or open ended relationships? How do you feel about porn, about flirting online with others? Is it okay for your partner or spouse to go out with friends without you?
8) How “out” are you, to family, friends, work colleagues? Will the other be welcome at family gatherings?
9) Are you a homebody or a party animal? What kinds of activities do you picture the two of you doing together?
10) How do you feel about communication, contact with ex-lovers? Is it okay for ex lovers to meet alone or only in group situations? Why or why not?